Our Legitimate Interests in Processing Personal Data
/management and sales option. We therefore assert our lawful and legitimate interest in processing personal data to assist prospective users and to deliver a superb service to actual service users. We have considered the terms of Article 6 of the GDPR and confirm we have a proper purpose in collecting and using the personal data, no less invasive means of sales/management/lease and rent, and on balance require to use your personal data to make the Seaside services a reality.
If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, you should not use the Site nor use our services unless you are using the Site or our services as a prospective employee.
The Source & The Kinds of Personal Information We Collect
The majority of the personal information we collect will have been voluntarily provided by you either through our Site, or when agreeing to use our sales outsourcing services, or when interacting with our customer services team OR on lesser occasions the personal data may be obtained from our business partners and service providers when communicating with us about your rent/lease management or your contact details.
We may collect:
• Name, email address, telephone number and property address when you register an account to process your changes of address, and/or use our services to assist with renting/leasing and management.
• Cookie data which relates to your use of the site;
• Testimonials and references from you where you can be identified by name; and,
• Data sent from your browser to our server which may include:
a) The time, date and duration of your visit to our Site;
b) The site from which you have come (the referral URL);
c) The pages visited on our Site; and d) Your IP address.
We may also collect information from you in connection with a service or product provided to you by us, including personal information such as:
• Your name, postal address, phone number, email address, where appropriate your marital status, date of birth, employment status, address history when you enter into utility services with us;
• Financial or other identifiers including your bank account details, where we set up a Direct Debit for you or take deposit payments for the services which we provide to you;
• Your contact details, and account numbers related to any of the service organizations you wish to notify, marketing consent preferences, read reminder preferences;
• Previous address history for use by utility companies for credit reference checks of which your consent is required;
• Special categories of personal data under the Article 9 of the GDPR which is of a sensitive nature. Where we do so we treat this information in accordance with the additional protection it is given under data protection laws. Sensitive personal information we collect may include your medical data or anyone in your household’s medical data for example for the purposes of registering you on a priority services or vulnerable persons register related to your energy supply or such information as you may voluntarily choose to provide to us.
Use Of The Information We Collect
Your information may be used by us in connection with the following purposes: Providing You with Services:
• To allow us to provide you with the change of address services which you are using including but not limited to:
1. Updating organizations with your new rent/lease details;
2. Arranging new energy suppliers at your new home;
3. Setting up broadband, pay TV, phone services in your new home;
4. Arranging general insurance in your new home;
• To set up Direct Debits for you for services in your new home, or to take a deposit for installation of telephony services which we arrange for you;
• To better understand your requirements and provide you with services specific to your needs;
• To improve our services by analyzing your personal information so we better understand how you use our services;
• To keep our client records up to date;
Communications & Customer Services
• To help answer any questions which you have asked one of our advisors or staff members;
• To market our services and additional offerings to you in accordance with relevant data protection law and the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations (which will require specific consent – from time to time we may tell you about services offered by other affiliates, partners and other entities within the IAM Group and ask whether you would like to be provided with marketing by these entities).
• If you wish to never receive any form of marketing communication from us you can let us know by contacting us. You will have the ability to unsubscribe from communications by means of a link provided in every message that is sent to you by
Improving Our Site:
• To analyze cookie and website usage data to keep improving our Site;
• To allow us to customize the content which is presented to you based on your likely interests;
Legal and Regulatory Obligations:
• To comply with applicable laws where we are obliged to retain and/or disclose certain information;
• To investigate or address claims or complaints relating to your use of our services;
• For internal and external auditing purposes;
• To transfer information to any entity which may acquire rights in us;
Data Retention, Storage Limitation & Data Minimization
The information you provide to us will be held on our computers at Mombasa Rd and may be accessed by or given to our staff or to any member of the Seaside Bureau for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice or for other purposes approved by you. We may also provide your personal information to other companies within the Seaside Bureau for the purposes of administering our business or where services are provided by one Group Company to another pursuant to an intra-company services agreement.
We may also disclose your information to the third parties listed below for the following purposes:
• As a matter of contract to allow service providers who need to know the information in order to provide us or you with a product or service;
• Where you have provided your consent, First2Protect Limited (the insurance company)
for the purpose of discussing your insurance requirements;
• Law enforcement bodies and/or other regulatory entities in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order;
• Third parties we work with as part of providing our services and their associated companies and sub-contractors, including (but not limited to) IT administrators, utility companies;
• Our advisers, for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• Third parties as necessary in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services;
These parties are located at Mombasa Rd or elsewhere in the world where different privacy laws may apply which may not offer the same level of protection as Kenyan law. We only make these arrangements or transfers where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect any information held in that country and that the service provider acts at all times in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Third Party Websites
This Site may contain links to other websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of other websites which are not under our strict control, in particular, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other websites and such sites are not governed by our Privacy Notice.
We employ appropriate technical and organizational measures which aim to secure the information provided by you from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also have prudent breach response- procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where it is appropriate to do so.
You have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
• Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information.
• Access to your personal information.
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
• Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
• Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
• Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
• Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the Kenya Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• Write to us.
• Let us have enough information to identify you.
• Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• Let us know the information to which your request relates.